Promise Ultra133 TX2

Hello,

Has anyone ever gotten the Promise Ultra133 TX2 IDE controller card to work well in sarge? I tried, but I/O with the drive attached to it was unstable at best, and eventually it just didn't work at all. I ended up with all sorts of CRC errors in my logs, and the drive would only mount read-only. I took out the card and connected the drive directly to the motherboard and it works fine. I was using the card because I the drive supports ATA100 and I was hoping to take advantage of that.

   Thanks.

--

Dave Parker
Utica College Department of