Re: Locating Debian kernel .config

--- "D. Michael McFarland" <dmmcf@uiuc.edu> wrote:

> I've installed the package linux-source-2.6.14 with
> the intention of
> building a kernel with the stock Debian
> configuration.  However, I've
> been unable to locate the .config file corresponding
> linux-image-2.6.14-2-amd64-k8.  According to
> /usr/share/doc/linux-source-2.6.14/README.Debian,

Do I understand the question? Anyhow, with the 2.6.8
kernel, at least, there is a "config" file (no .)
directly under /boot, and I believe this contains the
default options. I hope this isn't being omitted in
later kernel sources. But it seems that you could use
it as a starting point for configuring a later 2.6
kernel; not that many options will have changed.

Robert "Tim" Kopp
http://analytic.tripod.com/