Re: Slowing down exim4

Clinton V. Weiss wrote:
(Posted on alt.comp.mail.exim over a month ago with no answers - hope someone here can help me on this...)

On my desktop machine (Debian unstable) I have a couple of different programs (fetchyahoo, etc.) that go and get mail and send them to other emails for me. These programs are nice n quick, and exim4 is mailing them out just as fast.

However, my internet provider doesn't seem to enjoy my computer sending email at a rate quicker than one email per 10 seconds. Is there any way I can setup exim4 to send each email 10 seconds apart to avoid too frequent SMTP connections to my ISP?

Or perhaps someone has a better suggestion?

I searched [0], but could not find anything that appeared to be easy to implement. You may just be out of luck.

Incidentally, what braindead policy do they have in place? Are you able to send mail directly? Or do you have to connect to their mail server?

-Roberto

[0] http://www.google.com/search?hl=es&q=rate+limit+exim&btnG=B%C3%BAsqueda&lr=

--
Roberto C. Sanchez