Re: Xorg leaking

On Tue, Dec 13, 2005 at 01:22:39PM -0800, Karsten M. Self wrote:
> on Tue, Dec 13, 2005 at 01:09:55PM -0800, Bill Moseley (moseley@hank.org) wrote:
> > Anyone else experiencing leaks in Xorg?
>
> Yep, yep, yep....
>
> As gravity (David Nusinow, packager) says, "it's what it does best".
>
> Presumably if you want to help you could run it under valgrind.

Ok, I can try -- but it seems to leak somewhat slowly.  It's just that
I tend to keep my desktop running for months at a time.

I have a root window image that updates ever five minutes.  I thought
I saw somewhere were that might be the leak, but I couldn't see it
leak by updating my root window.

Any special way of running it under valgrind?  I have it installed but
haven't needed it's services in a while -- thank goodness.

The other bad thing is when I exit Xorg I don't get my console screen
back.  I get a black screen with large green blocks scattered around
the screen.  Running "reset" doesn't fix, but I can run "startx"
again.  That's a drag.

--
Bill Moseley
moseley@hank.org