Re: scsi device naming / driver built in kernel 2.6.x

Hi,

On Monday 12 December 2005 23:28, Hendrik Sattler wrote:
> But there is an alternative: compile the host-adapter with the rootfs disk
> _into_ the kernel. This way, it will always be the first host adapter.
> Then, compile the other host adapter driver as module. udev or hotplug will
> automatically load it.

thank you very much. This solved my problem!

I actually tried to do this before and it did not work then. But today I
realized that there were actually two different drivers in the kernel
that could handle the external raid (and made it to /dev/sda). I had
to configure *both* drivers as modules ;-)

Cheers, Thomas