Re: netatalk experiences

On Sun, 2005-12-11 at 21:59 -0500, mw wrote:

> 1. Will netatalk treat resource fork better?
> 2. Is it troublefree from an admin stance?

I've used it for several years with RH, Gentoo, and Debian, and it's
worked flawlessly. It's always been completely passive -- just storing
and serving Mac files on the gateway computer.

> I'm no Debian expert. I'm no fan of services for Macintosh under
> windows. I hate to put that much information on a drive if I need to
> understand Debian better to support it properly.

I trust it. But if what you're wanting to do is really important, I'd be
wary about setting up a server I didn't understand.

--
Glenn English
ghe@slsware.com