Re: Need basic help with KDE Wallet

On Sat, Dec 10, 2005 at 12:50:44PM -0800, David E. Fox wrote:
> On Sat, 10 Dec 2005 12:37:28 -0700
> Paul E Condon <pecondon@mesanetworks.net> wrote:
>
> > I was confronted recently with a request for the password of my KDE Wallet.
> > I didn't know I had one. I guessed my logon password for Debian, but that
>
> kdewallet normally stores passwords for web pages and other secure
> places (think of your online banking password etc.)
>
> I usually don't see any wallet icon on the kicker bar. Normally the
> wallet manager is there if there is an active wallet request, such as
> opening your personal banking webpage. Then it should bring up a window
> asking for the wallet password.
>
> kwallet and/or kwalletmanager (the menu entry (Settings->Wallet
> Management Tool runs "kwalletmanager %u" - at least in 3.4.2) don't
> seem to do anything by themselves - both start here and immediately
> terminate, so I'm seeing the same behavior you are.

My puzzlement began when a window popped up asking for a password. I
have no recollection of setting up a password for a secure
repository. If I did, how would I recover the password, or expunge the
repository? How do I know it is working for me, and not for someone
else? I certainly don't have control over it.

--
Paul E Condon
pecondon@mesanetworks.net