Re: Dumb DNS

On 12/5/05, Ben Sagal <bmsagal@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have a lan wich connects to the internet (only web sites, nothing
> else is allowed) via a transparent proxy. Does anyone know of a light
> DNS server that could be set up that whatever request is made, the
> address of the server is given (It would be nice if for names in the
> host file the relevent ip is given).

If you have a transparent proxy, why does the dns have to be fake?

By definition a transparent proxy intercepts all requests, without the
user knowing, reagardless of their destination...

But, if it has to be done, I *think* powerdns can be setup this way.

--
~ Darryl  ~ smartssa@gmail.com
http://smartssa.com / http://darrylclarke.com