Re: lower case character when caps lock is on

On Fri, Dec 02, 2005 at 12:55:03PM +0530, H S Rai wrote:
> I am facing a strange problem. On console, when CAPS lock is
> on "C" and "E" are appearing on screen as lower case, while
> all appear as expected.
>
> When I open terminal under X, it behave properly.
>
> What can be reason.

What charset/keymap are you using?  I have the same problem in the console, but
if I type `loadkeys /usr/share/keymaps/i386/qwerty/us.kmap.gz`, the
problem is gone.

Maybe it's a bug in console-data.  Oddly enough, after running
`dpkg-reconfigure console-data` and picking the same keymap, the C and E
are in lower-case.

If anyone knows the correct solution, instead of running the loadkeys
command from .bashrc, it'd be appreciated. :)