Re: realplayer 10 hassles

Bruno Buys on 30/11/05 17:19, wrote:
Adam Hardy on 28/11/05 22:07, wrote:
Adam Hardy on 28/11/05 21:39, wrote:

Alexis Huxley on 28/11/05 20:36, wrote:

Using RealPlayer 10 and it won't output sound anymore, just video, when trying *.ram feeds from websites.

Is the audio device in use? Try 'aumix -W90; killall esd artsd' and then
try again. Also try 'fuser /dev/dsp /dev/audio /dev/mixer', that should
output nothing. What are the permissions/owner/group on those devices?

lastly:

adam@gondor:~$ ls -la /dev/dsp
crw-rw----  1 root audio 14, 3 2005-11-28 19:35 /dev/dsp
adam@gondor:~$ ls -la /dev/audio
ls: /dev/audio: No such file or directory
adam@gondor:~$ ls -la /dev/mixer
crw-rw----  1 root audio 14, 0 2005-11-28 19:35 /dev/mixer

> Are you trying to get something that mplayer can´t? Realplayer is a
> pain, I think. Never figured how to play those smil files, supposed to
> be Real´s prop format. Real´s for win does play, though not flawless.
> Use mplayer.

I've been there and done that. There's no firefox mplayer extension though, is there?

I could really appreciate it someone could chime in with a big hint about my situation above.

Thanks
Adam