Re: realplayer 10 hassles

> Using RealPlayer 10 and it won't output sound anymore, just video, when
> trying *.ram feeds from websites.

Is the audio device in use? Try 'aumix -W90; killall esd artsd' and then
try again. Also try 'fuser /dev/dsp /dev/audio /dev/mixer', that should
output nothing. What are the permissions/owner/group on those devices?

> I didn't have time to check it out when it first stopped and now it's
> been a while, so I can't remember what else I had been doing when it
> stopped (which might give a clue why).

I sugges to run something like 'fadscan' (google it) or 'tripwire'.
These are security tools but are equally useful for bringing to your
attention changes in permissions of various things.

Alexis