Re: spam howto

On 17 Nov 2005, Matt Price wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> Looking for a simple spam-control howto.  I have tried setting up
> bogofilter & spamassassin in the past & I've always run into trouble;
> the process sometimes seems incredibly complex.
>
> Any help out there?
>
> Matt

I prefer spamprobe myself. It's a Bayesian program, easy to set up and
very effective after training. I see no more than two or three spams a
day and no false positives at all.

There is a deb package for it, I think, but I usually compile it myself
and put it in /usr/local. There is a good mailing list where the author,
Brian Burton, is very helpful and willing to answer questions.

See http://spamprobe.sourceforge.net

Anthony

--
Anthony Campbell - ac@acampbell.org.uk
Microsoft-free zone - Using Linux Gnu-Debian