Re: unsubsrib

Gene Heskett wrote:
> And its preventing you from seeing the unsubscribe instructions
> appended to every message comeing through these servers.  You choice if
> you want to look like you just got off the bus.

    Actually it is my choice to not see instructions I have seen appended to
every message for a good portion of the decade (give or take a year) I've been
subscribed to Debian-User.  Something tells me that my client isn't broken nor
am I in danger of looking like I "just got off the bus".

> I looked at Thunderbird because a friend was raving about it.  It
> didn't impress me, but then I'm used to kmail from kde 3.3.0.  Html
> doodads are nothing but a PITA that quadruples the size of the message,
> email should be pure text.  TBird makes that difficult IMO.  It's
> pretty, yes, but its usability to me is a -1.

    Makes it difficult.  Wow, did you just get off the bus?  Edit, Account
Settings, Composition, uncheck "Compose messages in HTML format".  I'm sure
that you found that a strain.  I certainly did not when I first started using it.

> And you cannot count either.  I could get rid of the Openoffice blurb,
> but the rest stays, its been there for years and you are the first to
> complain in about 7 years now...

    I can count.  It's called an hyperboolic approximation for humerous intent
because I didn't feel like having an exact number.  :P