Certified Unix (Re: Solaris: The Most Advanced OS?)

On Wed, 2005-11-09 at 10:37 -0200, loos wrote:
[snip]
> That remembers me the "certificated" UNIX issue.
> A product is not better because it is "certificated", the "certificate'
> only shows it had the money to get the certificate.

It also shows that you can count on that UNIX to have a certain
base set of features and APIs.  Source & shell code portability
is enhanced if you stick to the approved APIs and utilities.

Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson, LA USA

python -c 'print len(str(2**300000))'
90309