Re: Looking for a Document Management System

On Wed,  9 Nov 2005 19:09:44 +0100
"W. Borgert" <debacle@debian.org> wrote:

> I'm looking for a DMS, but I have no experience with such

We installed docmgr on a Debian Sarge box at work 5 weeks ago. It has
all the features you mentioned, is written in PHP and uses postgresql
as database. As far as I can tell, it runs without problems and the
source code is easy to understand. I don't know if it runs smoothly
under heavy load because we only have about 5-10 users and only a few
hundred files.

I tested several DMS listed on freshmeat and I found docmgr was the
only one that fits our needs. I have not tried OWL and MyDMS but
looking at their respective demos on their homepages, they seem to be
comparable to docmgr.

DocMGR can be found here:

http://docmgr.sourceforge.net/

Mario