xmms does not play m3u playlists (broken pipe)

Hi,

I am having trouble since looong to make xmms play m3u playlist files.
Here is the problem:
If I click on an m3u link on a webpage in mozilla, xmms starts but gives
an error: "Couldn't connect to host <host>"

Example: I tried clicking on "vybrations la passion du son [haut-debit]"
mp3 audio and got the message:
Couldn't connect to host freestr1.ovh.net:8004

Then I download the m3u file (listen.m3u) from the website and tried
starting xmms from command line and got this error (and the dialog box
saying couldn't connect to host):
#----------------------------------
$> xmms listen.m3u
Message: device: default

** WARNING **: ctrl_write_packet(): Failed to send data: Broken pipe
#----------------------------------

Next, I played the file with mplayer and it worked perfectly:
#----------------------------------
$> mplayer -playlist listen.m3u

#----------------------------------

So, looks like there is a problem with xmms. Can anybody help in this?

I am running Debian Testing and 2.6.12 kernel, and
$> dpkg -l *xmms* | grep ^ii
ii  xmms           1.2.10+cvs20050809-4 Versatile X audio player
ii  xmms-arts      0.7.1-4  aRts Output plugin for xmms
ii  xmms-jackasyn  0.1-2    JACK Output plugin for xmms
ii  xmms-mad       0.8-1    mp3 input plugin for xmms based on libmad
ii  xmms-mp4       2.0.0-sarge0.2   a mp4/aac audio player for xmms
ii  xmms-skins     0.6-1            Skins for XMMS

Thanks,
->HS