All of which seem to be for OpenOffice.org 1.1 and will break my OOo 2.0 installation. Re: OpenOffice.org Help File??

All of which seem to be for OpenOffice.org 1.1 and will break my OOo 2.0 installation.

Paul Scott

A quick search of the Debian unstable packages revealed this help package:

Package openoffice.org-help-en

  • unstable (doc): OpenOffice.org office suite help (English)
    1.1+20040420-3: all
So, perhaps checking Synaptic to see if this package has been installed will solve your OOo2.0 help issues.  Good luck.

Mark

Quick addendum to my earlier message: perhaps this won't help, given the version is "1.1+..." and not "2.0...", but, the packages of Sid seem to only contain OOo-2.0, and only contains this version of OOo-help.  So, I'm assuming it should work.
I run Sarge, and successfully installed OOo-2.0 using the RPM release from the OpenOffice.org site.  I accomplished this with alien, and then dpkg -i command, and all the help files are present.  Anyway, good luck.