Re: apt.conf question

Am Mittwoch, 9. November 2005 17:30 schrieb Joey Hess:
> Markus Feilner wrote:
> > I found the following entry in the /etc/apt/apt.conf file and now I think
> > of becoming a little angry :-( because I know the two parameters "Assume
> > Yes 'true'" and "Purge 'Yes'" can really do a lot of harm.
> > Or are they necessary for working automatic updates?
>
> No, these options are not shipped in apt.conf by default. Someone must
> have added them to apt.conf (and created the file, which is also not
> shipped by default) on your machine.
Thank you!

Is this a common way?
Do these options make sense on a root server without software management?
I guess they are OK if you have a sophisticated software management with
tested repositories, but not on an unmanaged server...?
And:
Does anybody  check this file before installing/uninstalling/updating
software?
Are these options common or rather exotic?
It's the first time I happen to run into such a configuration, so I consider
them exotic and harmful on an unmanaged system, do you agree?

Thanks a lot!
--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Markus Feilner

Feilner IT Linux & GIS
Linux Solutions, Training, Seminare und Workshops - auch Inhouse
Beraiterweg 4 93047 Regensburg
Untere Hauptstr 2 85386 Eching
fon regensburg 	+49 941 8107989
fon eching 	+49 89 379 956 3