Looking for a Document Management System

Hi,

I'm looking for a DMS, but I have no experience with such
things.  The following points are relevant:

- suitable for 10..100 users with more than 10000 documents

- documents are mostly proprietary formats: MS Word, MS Excel,
  MS PowerPoint, but maybe also: PDF, HTML, DocBook, ...

- typical DMS features: access control, archive older
  versions, search/query, document hierarchy, web frontend

I know of two DMSes:

MyDMS - http://packages.debian.org/unstable/web/mydms

OWL - http://packages.debian.org/unstable/web/owl-dms

Both seem to have the relevant features, but it would be
interesting to read about your experiences.

Is there a Python and/or ZOPE based DMS out there? Maybe I
like to add new features, but I don't like to learn PHP...

Thanks for hints!

Cheers, WB (please CC me)