Re: Solaris: The Most Advanced OS?

On Wed, 2005-11-09 at 00:24 -0600, Mike McCarty wrote:
> Ron Johnson wrote:
> > On Tue, 2005-11-08 at 12:02 -0600, Mike McCarty wrote:
> >
> >>Tshepang Lekhonkhobe wrote:
[snip]

> As an example, I tried to find a database which could support
>
> 	client-server architecture, client and server
> 		on separate computers
> 	8 million records
> 	ten byte unique key, ~50 byte records
> 	8500 probes per second, most of which would fail
> 		to find a matching record, so would
> 		plumb the entire depth of the database
> 	automatic fail-over to another server when server goes down
> 	fail-over must take place in 10ms or less
> 	database can be updated at rate of 100+ records
> 		per second while actively being probed

Alpha VMS & the Rdb database (purchase by Oracle from DEC back in
1994) can *easily* handle this.

It'll cost you, though.

[snip]

Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson, LA USA

"It may not always be easy, convenient, or politically correct to
stand for truth and right, but it is the right thing to do.
Always."
M. Russell Ballard