Re: cannot get into X - after testing dist-upgrade 11-03-05

Did the keyboard work during the KDE setup?
> I would create a new user and log into KDE as that user, to make
absolutely sure that the problem is not in your user's settings. (I doubt that's the problem, now, but still, it's an easy test.)

Assuming the new user has the same problem . . .
I'd check the KDE Control Panel / Regional & Accessibility / Keyboard Layout settings.

Then I'd google for "kde keyboard" to look for anything interesting. Hopefully others on this list will have better suggestions.

--
Kent

Thanks again Kent,
The setup is done entirely with the mouse. I have no way to create a new user at this point, with no keyboard.
I will google and see if I can find anything relevant.

In the meantime, if anyone else has a cure, please let me know.