Re: Solaris: The Most Advanced OS?

"Advanced" has a meaning of bleeding-edge which Solaris definitively is
not.

I guess it's a question of definition. So the whole discussion is at a dead end now. The posts of the pro-SUN people suggested a definition of advanced=reliable. I couldn't figure out how the other people define advancement, yet. But I really dislike the definition of advancement=bleeding-edge. Because it doesn't define anything! What's the bleeding-edge? I guess Solaris is really on the bleeding-edge in point of reliability. :-p

However I just assume you mean "support most hardware, have flashy things everywhere, be fool-friendly". With this definition Solaris isn't the most advanced OS. And in this case I don't want to have the most advanced OS!

You have to ask: Advanced? In what direction?
This is the only question today.
And after you answered this question the only thing left is to ask yourself which direction you like most.

This is the first and last posting I'll write about this topic.

regards
Marc