Re: dialup modem recommendation for debian sagre?

Bruno Buys wrote:
I moved recently, and there´s no easy/cheap broadband in the new address. So, what do I need to run a dialup modem on my debian sarge? Guess the best model I can find would be a hard pci us-robotics or similar (there are winmodems available, but I´m avoiding these). Are they debian friendly? Does anybody here have one of these? What packages do I need?
Thanks!

The only dialup modem to get is an external USRobotics 56K modem. It hooks up to your serial port and is always recognized w/o driver needs. I will never ever get another modem. I also live where there is no broadband.