RE: backups RE: ATA 80GB disk recommendation

Alvin Oga wrote:
> - i see you haven't been hit with a power surge that took out
> everything connected to the power supply ...

Thankfully, no.  I've also heard that if a voltage regulator chip goes out in
the power supply, then the results can be the same.

It would be nice if my other box with rsync copies were in another facility, but
I can't afford collation for personal usage.  But, if I can get some of my
computer & network service clients to go for it...

> - i'm gonna assume that your nightly incrementals ...

Fortunately, I don't have too much data (~260MB total for all tarballs).  So, my
nightly backups are all full backups.

David