Re: Why I use "stable"... was: Re: k3b not available

On Sun, Nov 06, 2005 at 01:32:36PM -0500, Colin wrote:
> Mitch Wiedemann wrote:
>
> >If you want to help test the next release(s) of Debian, or want the
> >newest packages (with the potential for some occasional aggravation) use
> >"testing" or "unstable".  If you want nice, boring consistency, and
> >predictability, use "stable", and take a couple of steps back from the
> >leading edge... :)
>
> But the removal of packages is a bit drastic even for testing (not for unstable
> though).

Not really.  As stated shortly after the Sarge release, one of the
release team goals was to always as close to a releasable state as
possible.  For them, that means removing RC-buggy packages from testing.
Unless the package is very high profile (gcc, glibc, X, GNOME, etc.)
this is probably the best thing to do.

-Roberto

--
Roberto C. Sanchez