Re: RealPlayer causing ~/.xsession-errors flood

Ralph Katz wrote:
> On 10/31/2005 04:00 PM, Sebastian Tennant wrote:
>
>>Hi all,
>>
>>I'm running GNOME 2.10.2 in Debian Etch on an i686 platform.  Just
>>noticed that before long my ~/.xsession-errors file looks like this
>>every time I launch RealPlayer.
>>
>>(I don't want to use RealPlayer but as far as I know it's the only
>>player that works with the BBC's Radio Player web interface.)

>>(realplay.bin:4227): WARNING **: Ignoring unknown attribute style **
>>(realplay.bin:4227): WARNING **: Ignoring unknown attribute
>>adblockframename ** (realplay.bin:4227): WARNING **: Ignoring unknown
>>attribute adblockframedobject2 Got url
>>http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/aod/shows/rpms/radio4/today_mon.rpm
>

> Clicking that link above opens nicely for me... launches totem, plays
> the stream, no .xsession-errors :)
>
> Also works with mplayer.... but required manual intervention:
>
> ~$ wget http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/aod/shows/rpms/radio4/today_mon.rpm
>
> ~$ cat today_mon.rpm
> rtsp://rmv8.bbc.net.uk/radio4/today/audio/today_mon.ra?start=45
> ~$ mplayer rtsp://rmv8.bbc.net.uk/radio4/today/audio/today_mon.ra?start=45
>
> This is on sarge.
>
> Regards.

Navigate to the BBC Radio Player website;

  http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/aod/index.shtml?button

and you'll see that the convenient URLs like the one included in my post are not
so easily snarfed, at least not without a lot of faffing around.

I should have said that I believe the RealPlayer Mozilla plugin is the only
plugin that works with the BBC RadioPlayer.