Re: What's your favourite FLOSS?

On Oct 31 2005, Tshepang Lekhonkhobe wrote:
> and isn't it also about ease of use? Have you seen the manual page for
> cdrecord!!!

Actually, I have never, ever, burned a CD on Linux with a GUI. All the
work I do is on the command line and, sincerely, I don't feel any
problem with this. And this includes using dvd+rw-tools, cdparanoia,
cdrecord, cdrdao, dvdauthor and vcdimager, among other things.

I can not stand the thought of some GUI application filling my home
directory with yet more "hidden" configuration files.

I am obsessive about the layout of my home directory and I have home
made scripts to clean up my directory so that it is about 11MB
compressed (just prepared for crashes: I take daily backups of my system
with mondo and backup my non-important dadta onto an external Firewire
disk).

Yes, I have obsessive-compulsive disorder and these are just some of its
(many faceted) manifestations. :-)

Regards,

Homepage on freshmeat:  http://freshmeat.net/projects/algorithms/