Re: udevd: get_netlink_msg: no ACTION in payload found

On Wed, 26 Oct 2005, Rogério Brito wrote:
> On Oct 26 2005, Henrique de Moraes Holschuh wrote:
> > I see it on mounts caused by automount.  I don't see it on mounts
> > caused by mount.  So, we have one possible culprit.
>
> I see it with manual mounting of removable media (e.g., CDs).

Hmm... come to think of it, that's what I use automout for. It could be
removable media, then.

Anyway, I can't reproduce it anymore, since 8 days ago:
daemon.log.0:Oct 18 00:47:44 khazad-dum udevd[14729]: get_netlink_msg: no
ACTION in payload found, skip event 'umount'

It was not the kernel upgrade, that happened on Oct 11 (previously I was
running stock 2.6.13.3 and warnings did show).  It was not an udev upgrade
on that day either, according to aptitude logs.

Log shows that I did an init 1 approximately at that time, so it could have
been a clean restart of automount or udev (I often kill udevd when I go to
single-user mode).  If it was a restart of udevd that fixed it, then the
upgrade from 0.070-4 to 0.070-5 could be of significance.  There are no
automount upgrades in the logs.

  Henrique Holschuh