Re: ATA 80GB disk recommendation

Bruno Buys wrote:

> To me, simply there is no clear pattern on what brand is good or bad.

I agree with you on that.  Ironically, the only two hard drives that have
failed on me were Maxtors: a 340MB (yes, megabyte) and a 120GB.  The former
failed with the usual seek errors and whatever before a drive dies but the
latter suddenly started clicking on boot and would not spin up.

The only other drive of note is a 10GB Fujitsu.  It's still working in my
mom's computer but it runs _loud_.  It's almost like a jet airplane.

I generally stick to Maxtor or Western Digital (no particular reason, I
guess they are just the most common ones I run across).