Re: Serial ATA Hardware RAID recommendations?

On Fri, Nov 04, 2005 at 01:27:36PM -0800, David Kirchner wrote:
I've used 3ware SATA RAID cards (8xxx and 9xxx series) for a long
time, in several servers, and I love 'em. They work far better than

Yes, they work very well. The 8xxx series uses IIRC PATA-to-SATA adapater, so they are no real SATA controler, the 9xxx series are real SATA1 controler while the 955x series are SATA2 controler.

I don't know how well they work with Linux "hotplug" stuff, but I do
know that you can hot swap the drives within RAIDs easily, as that's
all handled by the card itself.

That's right. You can use a GUI or a CLI to administrate your array.
But the supported RAID level are 0, 1, 10, 5 and 50, but not 6.

Shade and sweet water!

	Stephan

--
| Stephan Seitz                    E-Mail: Nur-Ab-Sal@gmx.de |