Re: HD in PIO Mode since kernel 2.6.14

Alvin Oga wrote:

On Fri, 4 Nov 2005, Ricardo Teixeira wrote:

Hi,

Since I updated to 2.6.14-1-686, hda is in PIO mode, and when I do hdparm -d1 /dev/hda i get "HDIO_SET_DMA failed: Operation not permitted".

says the kernel doesn't like your ide chipset ...

	- lspci | grep -i ide
$ lspci |grep -i ide
0000:00:1f.1 IDE interface: Intel Corporation 82801DBM (ICH4-M) IDE Controller (rev 03)

	- you can either try to manually insmod the ide driver
	for the ide chipset or build your own kern
How do I know wich module to insmod? Btw, what's insmod?

c ya
alvin

But I'm using the default kernel. And my ide chipset is a common one. It's a centrino laptop. It _WAS_ supported until now, why stop supporting it?

Thanks