Re: HD in PIO Mode since kernel 2.6.14

Alvin Oga wrote:
>>And my controller is an nForce2.
>>Which makes it even more mistifying.
> not mystifying ... nforce sometimes make their own ide controller
> and it's not open source driver ( no source code, binaries only )

What I meant was that we have two obviously different controllers, and
different drives, but we experienced exactly the same problem with
exactly the same kernel upgrade. Which made me think that the problem is
probably not related to controller-specific modules.

> 	- see if you have the nvidia ide modules
> 	and/or d/l and try it ...

I don't have the nvidia modules and really don't want them. I'd much
rather stay with 2.6.12 than live with the pain of a binary module
tainting my kernel.

Thanks anyway,

Andro

--