Re: A page that causes Firefox (Sarge) to close

James Foster wrote:

>On 11/3/05, Mitch Wiedemann <mitch@ithacafreesoftware.org> wrote:
>

>>James Foster wrote:
>>

>>>Hello,
>>>
>>>I'm using the latest mozilla-firefox (1.0.4-2sarge5) on Debian Sarge,
>>>and whenever I attempt to visit a particular page, I'm finding that it
>>>closes immediately. Can someone please confirm this behaviour?
>>>
>>>The page is: http://www.movieweb.com/forums/viewtopic.php%3Ft%3D6036&e=9797
>>>
>>>Thanks,
>>>
>>>James Foster
>>>

>>I am also using Firefox in Sarge, and closes my browser as well.  The
>>bug seems to be javascript related.  If you turn javascript off, it
>>doesn't crash.
>>

>Interesting that you mention that, because I had actually tried
>turning javascript off, but the results were the same. I just double
>checked this, and even when I have both javascript and java turned
>off, it crashes.
>
>Anyway, I'm not sure what the procedure is with a stable release. Does
>anyone know if this can be filed as a bug? I imagine it is possibly a
>security issue.
>
>Thanks for confirming that it wasn't just me!
>
>Kind Regards,
>
>James

I've also double-checked, and now its crashing without java or
javascript enabled, as you mentioned.  I wonder how it was able to load
the page that one time...

For posterity:
My Firefox is:
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.7.10) Gecko/20050925
Firefox/1.0.4 (Debian package 1.0.4-2sarge5)
I have no extensions installed.

--

Mitch Wiedemann
Webmaster - Ithaca Free Software Association