Re: Finding your computer ipaddress

Gene Heskett <gene.heskett@verizon.net>:
>  On Tuesday 01 November 2005 01:37, Mirco Sippel wrote:
> >sri schrieb:
> >>  www.debianhelp.co.uk is a web site that automatically detects and
> >> displays your computer's IP address. This can be helpful for
> >
> >What does it show, that I can't see with ifconfig?
>
>  Well, if you are like me, and have a router dong NAT between the
>  firewall box and the dsl modem, you could go there and find your outside
>  [snip]
>  box, I'm pretty invisible on the net with the only thing showing being
>  a closed identd port.

pee 'em off even more.  Open up the port and let fauxident.py lie through
its teeth for you.

   http://www.alcyone.com/software/fauxident/fauxident-latest.tar.gz

Stick it in /usr/local/src and make an /etc/init.d script to call it
(see /etc/init.d/skeleton).

    (*)    http://www.spots.ab.ca/~keeling           Linux Counter #80292
    - -    Spammers! http://www.spots.ab.ca/~keeling/autospam.html
http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc1855.txt democracy human rights Taiwan Independence