Re: Shutdown due to thermal event (sid)

> ==========================
> Date: Sat, 29 Oct 2005 18:02:46 +0100 (BST)
> From: m@de-minimis.co.uk
> To: Mauro Condarelli <MC5686@mclink.it>
> Cc: debian-user@lists.debian.org
> Subject: Re: Shutdown due to thermal event (sid)
> ==========================
>

> I note that fan 4 has a max speed of 0RPM.  I take it there is
> convention which means that max=0 => no known maximum?
I'm not sure.
I did *NOT* touch the standard debian defaults (that might be the problem, but I don't know what I should modify and how to do it!)

My problem seems to be that the fan management does not work at all, but I don't know how to pinpoint the error (and fix it!).
Can someone point me in the righ direction (pretty please!) :)

Mauro