Two tuxes, an xp and a DNS problem

I have three machines in a small network: one XP, two Linux - let's call
them xp, tux1 and tux2. xp connects to the Internet via a dial-up modem.
Internet Connection Sharing (ICS) is enable and works fine. ICS forces
xp's IP to be 192.168.0.1, so the hosts file of tux1 and tux2 contains a
line to that effect. ICS also provides DHCP services, which is how tux1
and tux2 assign their IPs.

xp can ping tux 1 and tux 2 (and see other IP services)
tux1 and tux2 can ping xp, use its IP services, and connect to the Net
through it.

But tux 1 and tux 2 can't find each other.

However, tux1 and tux2 both run Samba servers and "see" each other
without problems - via their Windows workgroup.

/etc/resolv.conf on both tuxes contains:
search mshome.net
nameserver 192.168.0.1

How can I make tux1 and tux 2 talk to each other without resorting to
fixed IPs?

--
Best,
Marc