Re: Newsreader: Best of the bunch?

On Mon, Oct 17, 2005 at 07:45:48PM +0100, marc wrote:
> In addition - and this is key - you can mark articles (and threads) as
> permanent. This means that they are never purged. In this way, you can
> build up a repository of useful stuff from any thread.

`Xnews' for windows (delphi!) achieves this by having local Archives and
Queues (archives store headers + body; queues store only headers). It's
great for this purpose (permanently archiving useful text articles) and
also building up an easier-to-read queue of stuff to download if you're
scanning a variety of binary groups.

I've yet to find anything I like as much as xnews for debian - so I
stopped reading usenet instead :(

Thanks for a good article on your usenet usage : I was particularly
interested in the various features of gravity, a program I have never
tried.

--
Jon Dowland
http://jon.dowland.name/