costs Re: OT: Damaged harddisk and/or disk controller

On Wed, 19 Oct 2005, Mike McCarty wrote:

> You can buy a new bare Seagate (I've only had good experiences with
> them) 40GB drive for $50 USD or so here in the Dallas, Texas area.

$$ gets my interest when its 25% ( 160GB for $40 or so )

- since these "rebates" are at fries ..
	- anybody can get it ..
	- i'm not sure if their website ( outpost ) provides rebates

	- use "fries" disk for yoru own use, it's gonna die sooner
	than you expect ( too many gorrilla's in the food chain,
	literally and figuratively, fries was a grocery store before
	daddy retired and gave the kids a store to play with )

<side flame>
fries and all their silly marketing outfits should be
banned/fined/tortured fro not honouring their rebate claims

- they always have an incorrect/fake excuse NOT to honour the rebate
</side flame>

> How much is your time worth? How much is your data worth?

$ 5.oo/minute (prepaid) gets my attention :-)

data is priceless, that mastercard can't cover either

c ya
alvin