Re: Writing technical text

On Wed, Oct 19, 2005 at 08:57:43AM -0500, John Hasler wrote:
> Roberto writes:
> > However, IMHO, anything dealing with mathematics (in which I include
> > CompSci) really should be using LaTeX.  Nothing can compare to The
> > support for mathematical notation and equations in LaTeX.
>
> I agree, and I don't really care for XML at all.  Nonetheless, we are
> all eventually going to be forced to use XML for everything.

I really think that is a bit sad.  It reminds me of the old saying "if
your only tool is a hammer, then every problem looks like a nail."  XML
is great if you are trying to get to programs or machines to talk.  It
is terrible for something that must be composed by humans.  If you don't
believe me, then go spend a few months writing Ant scripts or something
like that.

-Roberto

--
Roberto C. Sanchez