Re: Newsreader: Best of the bunch?

Hi all,

marc wrote:
[...]
> I have tried with Emacs before, but it's like learning Japanese, where
> every word and piece of grammar is different [...]

Aha!  I think I've found the reason why I was able to learn to use
emacs so quickly. :)  (Sorry I couldn't resist.  I'm a native speaker
of Japanese.)  And yes, I had been using gnus on emacs for a long
time before losing local news service and switching to Google Groups.
I liked gnus a lot because it's seamlessly integrated into emacs, which
I use daily for emailing, word processing (with LaTeX), and
programming. (One important aspect of that kind of integration
is that you don't have to remember different shortcut keys, such as
C-a for jumping to the top of the line, C-g for interrupting,
and C-s for searching.)

Regards,
Ryo