Re: new users

I'm slowly developing myself a web-toolbox that I can access from
anywhere.  Anyone know where I can get a web-based antivirus client
(applet) for windows that I can host for personal use?  Oh and how about

You could have an applet that scanned documents but you haven't a hope of doing a full antivirus with an applet. The whole "applet inside sandbox where it can't hurt mummy" strategy also means that the applet can't read arbitrary files or watch process behaviour - and I'd hope so too! At least that's the default security setting. I've never looked for ways of loosening those settings, maybe they exist. Mommy, remember to lock the computer down after you've finished fixing her up! A java application - more scope for that.

Regards, Max