Re: i need a yum debian package

> > > I need to build a yum repository on a debian server.
> > > Would you know where could I find a yum debian package?
> > You may wish to use the tool alien
> I think he's actually needing to mirror a yum repo

Not mirror. Creating a personnal one, for internal (LAN) tests and use.
If I wanted to mirror one, I would just use rsync or another tool.

Yum embeds a tool to generate the metadata files (the equivalent of
dpkg-scanpackages to generate Packages.gz). That one is the one I want.

It's a sensitive server, without any developping tool, so there is no
way to "./configure; make; make install" on it.

Well, no problem, I am going to create a package for it.
It will take a while, but, I will learn :-)

--
Administration & Formation à l'administration
de serveurs dédiés: