Re: Re: debian vs ubuntu and knoppix

Rogério Brito wrote:
> See what has happened with mutt after the muttng fork was created. See
> the same thing with Debian adopting more and more the team
> maintainership of packages after Ubuntu.

I think that any implication that Ubuntu somehow led Debian toward more
team maintenance of packages is pretty much wrong. Alioth has done a
great deal to promote team maintenance; so have efforts to change
Debian's maintainership culture away from "one package, one maintainer".
I remember those efforts beginning in approximatly 1998, and I have
been heavily involved in team-maintained packages in Debian since at
least 1999.

--
see shy jo