Re: IMAP and Squirelmail.

On 10/11/2005 4:30:17 AM, Clive Menzies wrote:
>On (11/10/05 02:42), Chuck Payne wrote:
>> Hey,
>>
>> I need to know what IMAP program is the best and easiest to set up so I
>> can Squirrel mail set up. I see Cyrus is a bit of pain.
>>
>> Payne
>>
>> PS. Anyway web pages that you have that can help me get Squirrel Mail,
>> please send.
>
>Dovecot pretty much runs 'out of the box'.  I put some notes up:
>http://www.clivemenzies.co.uk/selfhelp/MailServer.html
>
>I've not yet set up squirrelmail but it should be reasonably
>straightforward.
>
>Regards
>
>Clive
>
>--
>www.clivemenzies.co.uk ...
>...strategies for business
>

>--

I've been using squirrelmail with dovecot imap on debian unstable here.
Dovecot works for me pretty much out of the box but I've had a few issues
with changing dovecot.conf files lately and I had to go back and read over
the files for the locations of change in them. Squirrelmail here requires one
to run a script that configures it. I tend to use squirrelmail every so often
from public computers like at tradeshows. Works pretty nicely for me with a
minimum of stuff. Dovecot has to be one of the easiest setups I've seen. I've
done cyrus and uw-imapd. I first did uw-imapd because it was really easy.
Farther on, I heard about dovecot at work and been there since.

--
Michael Perry | Do or do not. There is no try --Master Yoda
mperry@lnxpowered.org | http://www.lnxpowered.org