Re: debian vs ubuntu and knoppix

+------------------------------------------------------------------------------
| On (11/10/05 18:48), Alvin Oga wrote:
|
| Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2005 18:48:00 -0700 (PDT)
| From: Alvin Oga <aoga@mail.Linux-Consulting.com>
| To: Sam Rosenfeld <sam1@speakeasy.net>
| Cc: debian-user@lists.debian.org
| Subject: Re: debian vs ubuntu and knoppix
|

| hi ya
|
| On Tue, 11 Oct 2005, Sam Rosenfeld wrote:
|
| > What are the major differences among the latest debian, ubuntu, and
| > knoppix distros?
|
| i'll bite on the bait/lure ..
|
| imho...
| 	- debian ... free ...
| 	- ubuntu ... commercialized version of debian's "hard work"
| 		which to me is wrong to do.. but oh well..

Obviously, you have no idea what Ubuntu is. Nice try though.

Ubuntu will never be a commercialized linux, and even will mail
you cds for free. It seems to be organized better and "just works"
without having to hack things around. Ubuntu being commercial
is actually against the fundamental constants of what Ubuntu is.

Please do your home work first.

Ubuntu does a lot of work and passes on to debian, if you took notice
many debian security notices came from Ubuntu since Ubuntu has been
around, as well as regular fixes for packages.

Please read the Ubuntu website about what Ubuntu is. It is free, will
remain free forever, and is generally more organized and streamlined
than debian itself.