Re: Debian Compatable UPS?
Alvin Oga wrote:
On Fri, 7 Oct 2005, J. Wren Hunt wrote:
http://www.apcupsd.com/ APC makes a variety of UPSs. The one I'm using
, Back-UPS works with Debian just fine! ;-)
imho, apc is probably the worst consumer grade ups there is ...
- they have lots of $$$ to do marketing/sales because
you have to buy new ones every 6mon-year or new batteries
- all my dead ups is all apc
- i have bought probably over hundred for my "sample/test claims"
- i buy anything on sale at this point for lets see if this other
no name brand one works just as good or outlasts the apc
- but to be fair, i have a handful of the small apc-300 that does work
- for important stuff ... i have 1,000VA - 2,000VA capable ups
and even higher if its important
- you will find out the ups is not working when your main 110vac power
goes out ( brown out or dead for more than san 30sec, which any ups
should survive )
- very very few people hit the "ups test" button to make
sure the servers keeps working even if the ups is unplugged
from power ( way better to test than the silly fake front panel
test button )
- keeping batteries fully charged is tricky biz
So what's your recommendation for Debian compatible UPS?