Re: Should I try Etch?

Redefined Horizons wrote:

[1] What problems am I likely to encounter running Etch? Is it really something I should stay away from as a new user? (The box I want to install on is for experimentation, and isn't mission critical.)

I've done the Sarge->Etch upgrade few days ago and I'm experiencing some application crashes every now and then. Nothing serious, just for example Firefox just disappears and I have to reload it again. If this doesn't bother you then I guess you can upgrade

[2] Are there other advantages I'll get from running Etch, other than Gnome 2.12? Is Etch running OpenOffice 2.0?

You may get in trouble and the experience and knowledge you will need to fix the problem might be a benefit.

--
Mitja Podreka
http://mitja.kizej.net