resolvconf not working?

Hello everybody,
I am using resolvconf 1.33 from sid; I have modified
/etc/network/interfaces adding to the static configuration of eth0 this line:

dns-nameservers 192.168.1.1 192.168.1.2

where 192.168.1.1 and 192.168.1.2 are the ip address of two
nameservers I can use in my lan. If I am not wrong in this way when I
do an 'ifup eth0'
resolvconf should automatically add the two nameservers to /etc/resolv.conf

But this isn't happening and I have /etc/resolv.conf empty.
I am forced to use 'cat
/etc/resolvconf/resolv.conf.d/original | resolvconf -a eth0' to
have the two nameserver added (since they are present in the file
/etc/resolvconf/resolv.conf.d/original, I haven't understood exactly
why; I can't remember if resolvconf was working before and maybe it
has saved informations about nameserver in that file).
Is anybody experiencing the same problem? Am I doing something wrong?
Bye.