OT: perlcc problems

Hello,

When trying to compile a perl program with perlcc, the compiled program
dies with an error, while the original is ok:

gru@CMDevLin2 >./foomatic-rip-c
Modification of a read-only value attempted at foomatic-rip line 8.

I googled for this error but got nothing helpfull. It seems error existed
back in perl 5.8.3 and should have been fixed...
Can anybody give me some hints how to get this working ?

[ btw: i need a foomatic-rip binary because my embedded device has no
perl... ]

Markus Grunwald
Softwaredevelopment

PRÜFTECHNIK Condition Monitoring GmbH