debconf

I have set debconf to use gtk by accident: I want it to be displayed with KDE's Qt. When I try to do dpkg-reconfigure debconf, it either says I do not have permission, or it says: # dpkg-reconfigure debconf
Xlib: connection to ": 0.0" refused by server
Xlib: Invalid MIT-MAGIC-COOKIE-1 key
dpkg-reconfigure: cannot connect to X server :0.0. How can I fix it so that A: It uses Qt. B: I can do this from a Console (and still have it displayed in Qt)?

Thank you kindly in advance.

--
—A watched bread-crumb never boils.
—My hover-craft is full of eels.